Coping with Covid-19 and the lockdown
The following was written by a WI member
Reflections of the Virus
1. Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half with a drink problem.
2. I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune, now I turn it like I'am a safe.
3. I need to practise social distancing with the refrigerator.
4. I still haven't decided where to go for a break - the living room or the bedroom.
5. Every few days, try your jeans on just to make sure they still fit. Pyjamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
6. I don't think anyone expected when we changed the clocks, we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone.
7. This morning, I saw my neighbour talking to her cat again. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. When I got back into the house, I told my dog and we both laughed.
8. My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee, it cleans the toilet.
9. I'm so excited it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear ?
10. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to "Puerto Backyarda" ‘cos I'm getting really tired of "Los Living room"
11. Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under....!!
Stay safe everyone !
I hope you find the poem amusing.
Some people have actually enjoyed the Lockdown. It has given them a chance to step off the spinning wheel of life and so it is for them less stressfull.
Zooming?????? How many people had even heard of it before Corona virus raised its ugly head?I zoom German, Russian, WI and even the walkers imbibe as we have an evening Zoom.
I suppose we are all now doing our best to save the planet but at what cost to freedom ?
Allotments have come up trumps for many. If you can’t do what you want then why not grow something ? Membership has increased massively but will it continue when life normalises and we socialise again, go into London, visit Historic Houses and go to beaches without limitations ? I fear not but nice whilst it lasts.
Stay Alert! Stay Safe!